Posted by Chris Ellison - Sep. 21, 2020 | Contact Author
How to convert and import a DVD to iPhone for playing
Many people prefer to watch movies on their iPhone these days. If you have lots of great films on DVD discs, you may want to make use of the DVDs instead of paying iTunes' ridiculous prices to watch movies and TV shows you already own on DVDs. Luckily, it's easy to get the job done along with some help from a third-party DVD ripping tool. In this article, we will look at how to easily and quickly convert a DVD into iPhone playable videos, store the movie in iTunes and sync it with an iPhone. Following this guide to importing DVD to iTunes and you'll be able to watch your favorite DVD movies on an iPhone (iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, etc.) with ease.
First Step: Convert DVD to iPhone playable video
There are many programs out there that can help you to convert DVD to iPhone supported video formats. If you want to find an efficient and easy way to rip and copy your DVD collections for iPhone, I highly recommend you another top-ranked tool - Dumbosoft DVD Ripper, which is constantly updated and hardware accelerated. With intuitive and easy-to-navigate interface, this program can easily rip DVD to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch friendly MP4, M4V or MOV format with fast speed and high output video quality.
What makes DumboFab DVD Ripper the best DVD to iPhone converter:
- • DVD ripping options: Rip DVD to H.264, MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, WMV, MPEG, H.264, FLV, MOV, M2TS, etc. Output device profiles incl. iPhone (11/Pro/Max/XS/XR/8/7/6S/6), iPad (Pro/mini 4/Air 2), Apple TV, Samsung (Galaxy Note 10/S10/Note 9), Huawei Mate 10 and more.
- • Supported DVDs: DVDs with CSS encryption, region code, Sony ARccOS, UOPs, RCE, Disney X-project, etc. Continuously update to support the latest DVDs. Fully support 99-title DVDs, music DVDs, movie and TV series DVDs, Disney DVDs, workout DVDs, Japanese adult DVDs, etc.
- • Ultrafast conversion speed: New hardware acceleration tech NVIDIA (CUDA) NVENC, plus Multi-core CPU and Hyper-threading, make DVD to iPhone conversion process fast enough.
- • DVD backup modes: Copy main title to a single MPEG2 file with 5 minutes or copy the entire disc with everything kept in the original disc.
Free download and install DumboFab DVD Ripper on your Windows or Mac PC and follow the step-by-step guide below to convert DVD to iPhone now.
For macOS For Mac OS 10.9 - 10.14? Click here
1. Load source DVD
Input the DVD disc to DVD-ROM. Launch the best DVD to iPhone converter and click the [b]Load DVD[/b] button to import the original DVDs you want to put into Plex.
2. Choose an output format for iPhone
In the Format window, choose an iPhone video format. You can choose MP4, MOV or M4V from "Common Video" category. Or you can ignore the video format, and select the device profile according to iPhone model from "Apple" category.
3. Start ripping DVD for iPhone
Click "Browse" to set a computer folder to save the converted video file. Hit "Convert" button to start copying/converting DVD for iPhone 11/Pro/Max/XS/XR/8/7/6S/6(Plus), etc.
Second Step: Transfer converted DVD movie to iPhone thru iTunes
After getting the converted DVD file (now in iPhone compatible video format), you can transfer and play DVD on iPhone through iTunes or other third party tools. Now we will introduce you to use iTunes to synchronize the DVD video:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning-to-USB cable
2. Launch iTunes on your computer
3. Navigate to File > Add to Library or File > Add Folder to Library
4. Locate the converted DVD video you want (or folder of videos) and then click Open. Your video(s) are now part of your iTunes library.
5. Click on iPhone > Movies.
6. Tick the Sync Movies checkbox
7. Select the the converted DVD movies you just imported to your iTunes library and press Apply/Sync. Your movies are now on your iPhone.
Most of you are likely familiar with the excellent Handbrake for ripping standard Def DVDs, but while for the protected DVDs, you'll need to download and use a free DVD playback library called libdvdcss. Installing libdvdcss can solve part of the problems, but you have to resort to another DVD ripping tool when dealing with strictly encrypted ones (like the Disney DVDs). Moreover, the process is a little complicated and slow and sometimes ripping DVDs with Handbrake may break down in the process. If you failed to convert DVD to iPhone using Handbrake, DumboFab DVD Ripper is great alternative and a specialized program to digitize DVDs with no errors!